The Four Word Film Review Fourum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Return to homepage
Join fwfr View the top reviews Frequently Asked Questions Click for advanced search
 All Forums
 Off-Topic
 General
 Baftababe
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

TitanPa 
"Here four more"

United States

Posted - 21/09/2023 :  03:52:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Gentleman Ghost

The Guardian published this obituary online. http://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2023/sep/18/beth-porter-obituary

Wonder if Tori saw it
Go to Top of Page

MguyX 
"X marks the spot"

United States

Posted - 21/09/2023 :  23:54:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Porter in later years lived reclusively in an East Sussex village. In her 2016 memoir, Walking on My Hands, she revealed a �two-night stand� with Frank Sinatra in 1965.

She fucked the Chairman of the Board for two nights, and all she told me about was Joe Pepitone??? I'm feelin a little played here, if you know what I mean! "Two-night stand," ... why of all the -- where's that goddamned tree?!

Edited by - MguyX on 22/09/2023 22:17:05
Go to Top of Page

Gentleman Ghost 
"Brevity: soul of wit."

United States

Posted - 22/09/2023 :  22:31:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You're welcome.

And I hope it's a sturdy tree.
Go to Top of Page

MguyX 
"X marks the spot"

United States

Posted - 22/09/2023 :  23:31:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Gentleman Ghost

You're welcome.

And I hope it's a sturdy tree.

Go to Top of Page

Chris C 
"Four words, never backwards."

Posted - 23/11/2023 :  23:51:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi all

Just a quick update for you. Sorry it's taken so long, but not a lot has been going on that I can tell you about. We've had news only in the last couple of days from the hospital about what's been happening.

A relative of Beth has been found. He lives in the States and will be dealing with the estate. There will be no funeral (we were hoping to attend and pay our respects), just a direct cremation with no service or attendees.

My wife has suggested that we have an on-line Zoom/Teams gathering where we can all meet up virtually and reminisce. Let me know here, or DM here or via Facebook if you'd be interested and we'll try and organise something in the near future. It may have to wait till Christmas or later.
Go to Top of Page

GHcool 
"Forever a curious character."

Los Angeles, CA, USA

Posted - 19/01/2024 :  05:04:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MguyX

I agonized a bit over whether to post this because Beth was someone we all came to know to some degree, aside from her public persona. But she had a public persona, so fuck it, here it goes:

Beth was not everyone�s cup of tea. She had a rocky start here at FWFR, as those who remember �The Great Deletion� may attest.* The problem was apparent from Day One: Beth was a living part of television, film and theatre history. While she did not enjoy the extent of fame some other actors did, Beth made the hard decision to forego certainty and stability and dove headlong into the world of entertainment at the age of 12, making the study and practice of the craft her life�s work. Born in 1942, Beth lived through and participated in a portion of the Golden Age of television and film. She rubbed elbows and cavorted with a wide range of acting legends. She once had a one-night stand with New York Yankee legend Joe Pepitone. Go to Wikipedia to get a feel for her life, but that�s not the full tale.

Back to our story: so when Beth arrived, Beth deserved some form of reverence among we ragtag band of four-word, funny, funky, flaky, fucking-foul-mouthed friends of benj clews (yes, I�m starting an FWFR recovery group called �Friends of benj clews,� but we�ll save that for another day. And, yes, I lower-cased his name because he did. And, yes, we often had to explain ourselves to each other for fear of offending inadvertently. And, yes, we sometimes offended each other inadvertently. And, yes, I always found a way to make everything about me. And, yes, that last statement was a lie. And, yes, you see the irony; and, yes; and, yes; and, yes; and yes). Oh: and, yes, when Beth arrived, she let us know her pedigree. I once heard from one of the MERPs (no, I�m not one) that she basically demanded to be admitted to that august group because, obviously, as a voting member of BAFTA and some other such BAFTA-related honors, she was clearly qualified. And I am told that they all grumbled, but they all agreed. Because it was true.

Beth demanded attention, but isn�t that the very nature of entertainment?

This was the Beth I remember. She and I sort of had a falling out, unfortunately.
Go to Top of Page

MguyX 
"X marks the spot"

United States

Posted - 19/01/2024 :  07:17:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by GHcool
This was the Beth I remember. She and I sort of had a falling out, unfortunately.

GH, almost everyone who had more than a passing relationship with her had a falling out with Beth. THAT was Beth. There was so much to enjoy about her, and it came with a cost for baggage, seat selection and early boarding privilege. She was vital, but she made you pay for it emotionally; and didn't we patrons willfully fork over that emotional dough? We did, until -- for some -- it became too much. But that doesn't dampen the valor and verve we got during the exchange.

Weep not but for tears of empathy, joy and forgiveness.

-- Anonymous writer whom I just made up --
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Four Word Film Review Fourum © 1999-2024 benj clews Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000